Gender equality sectoral circles
Our Gender Equality Sectoral Circles bring together key stakeholders in high-risk sectors to share insights, identify risks, and develop gender-responsive policies and practices, promoting gender equality throughout the supply chain.
Why we support and promote these circles:
- Scale gender-responsive sourcing and procurement for sustainable production and trade.
- Set collective targets aligned with SDGs and global guidelines.
- Drive transformative change through collaborative sectoral approaches.
- Close the gender gap in sectors facing disproportionate challenges.
The impact of a sectoral approach:
- Increased participation of women-owned/led businesses in the sector.
- Enhanced leadership opportunities for women at all levels in the supply chain
- Improved labor conditions and human rights for all workers in the sector.
- Strengthened gender equality and sustainability in the sector
- Enhanced reputation, competitiveness, and compliance of Circle Champions.